Thursday, January 8, 2009

In all my years...

I've never seen anything like this up at Mt. B. I went up after the major NW Ice Storm, and found 100's of trees like this one - a "Lawn Dart" from the frozen top of the tree has broken off, and landed straight down into the snow. Glad I wasn't making a turn underneath Skyliner run yesterday... Even Sunrise Life (which was the only thing running for most of the day) apparently took some abuse. This is one of the chairs that ended up broken after the storm, and had to be taken off during the middle of the day. Another downed tree, near rainbow - Hundreds, if not more are down all over the place, Mt. B is working on clearing the runs, but the trees will be a dangerous place this year, as stuff like this might be below every drop. Be Careful up there! They "promised me" that Summit and NW would be open by 1:30 tomorrow...

No comments: