Tuesday, September 11, 2007

PC vs. Shorties....

Chum, from Sissyfish had a report from last Thursday afternoon, giving us a chance to compare the swell at two spots that like a N-NW wind.
PC was a bit confused, with less swell near the cove
giving up a nice entry into the full brunt of the swell down at gas chambers.
Scott, Scott, Bill and I met up down there and combined quivers,
leaving us well-stocked for the swell. Three sessions in butt-cold water left us driving back within 24 hours salty, tired and happy to get some waves.
I, too, struggled with the water temp, going from an optimistic afternoon session with a 3mm and no hood (brrrrrrrrr.....) to a morning session in the full 5/3, hood, booties and gloves, which always leaves me feeling like I'm trying to surf from the outside of the little box with a crane that you try and pick up stuffed animals with for a quarter. The gloves, especially mess up my ability to push off an into a good wave without feeling somewhat sketchy.
My attempts with surfing with the Hero Cam continue - Coming soon is a short video clip from Thursday's sessions, called too scared to look, because of all the rough footage that ends up peering down into the green deep while I paddle...

No comments: