Friday, January 5, 2007

Photos from my first surf of the New Year!

On our final day in So. Cal, I drove up as far as Ventura, specifically "C-Street" for one last shot at some good waves. These shots are from the night I arrived. Full moon, lights on the pier, I almost went out at Midnite, but thought better of it without someone else to go out with at least...
I got up before dawn, and found some big surf, with only two guys paddling out in the dark. Here's the sunrise, with a nice slab going by...
Here's the line-up, with waves breaking 3-6' from up the point (far right) down to the pier (beyond far left). Lots of paddling for these high-tide lines, with late-drops on the big sets mandatory...
More photos of the surf and the trip to Orange County for Christmas are at:
Check 'em out!

No comments: